How long will we be running for?
A class may look like this:
- Explanation of the day’s program and intervals + Form Tips
- 5-10 min Warm Up Walk or Jog with drills
- 8-20 min Training Intervals
- Beginners Intervals : 20 seconds run + 40 seconds walk Repeated 8 times
- Intermediate Intervals : 20 seconds sprints + 40 seconds jog Repeated 8 times
- 5-10 min Cool Down Jog or Walk
- 5-10 min Bodyweight Strengthening Exercises
- 5-10 min Stretches+ Occasional Individual Running Form Filming and Review with Coach
What Equipment Do I Need?
Running in the Winter in Marina doesn’t have to be complicated. Here are a few tips:
- Avoid overdressing : it can be tempting to layer up so much because it’s cold when you leave your house. You should feel slightly cold at rest and for the first 5 minutes of your run – this means that as you warm up, you’ll produce some heat and you’ll break a sweat.
- Layer up: your first layer should be a base layer, a long sleeve shirt that feels very tight, like a second skin. Ideally you want this layer to be moisture wicking. Your second layer should be your thermal insulation, a fleece or something warm, ideally not too tight. Your third layer is a windbreaker and can be optional if you run warm: (it can be a combo of layer 2 and 3 as well in some jackets).
- Shoes and socks: nothing special here, wear shoes that you feel comfortable in and that allow your toes to spread
- Neck Warmer: A neck warmer like a Buff or light scarf will do the trick. Avoid anything cumbersome that might fall off. If your jacket zips up high you may not even need one
- Hat: Wear a thin hat or headband if you run cold
What if I am too slow for the group?
That’s such a great question. We understand if you’ve had an experience with a group where you got left behind. That truly sucks. At MBM, we take pride in leaving no on behind. This means that even if the group runs on average a bit faster than your pace, they will always circle back and come get you so you’re not left alone.
Can I Sign Up By Making 2 Payments?
I Have More Questions, Can I Speak With My Prospective Coach Before Signing Up?
We want to make sure this program is a good fit for you and for your coach.
Email us below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!
I am already an MBM member, how can I sign up?
You have access to this program with your membership! Take advantage of it and attend both days or only once a week!
All you have to do is sign up in PTminder.