How long will we be running for?
You will be walking/running for a total of 30-40 minutes each time. This isn’t a 30-40 minutes consecutive run bout, but short intervals of running with walking.
What Equipment Do I Need?
Running in the Winter in Marina doesn’t have to be complicated. Here are a few tips:
- Avoid overdressing : it can be tempting to layer up so much because it’s cold when you leave your house. You should feel slightly cold at rest and for the first 5 minutes of your run – this means that as you warm up, you’ll produce some heat and you’ll break a sweat.
- Layer up: your first layer should be a base layer, a long sleeve shirt that feels very tight, like a second skin. Ideally you want this layer to be moisture wicking. Your second layer should be your thermal insulation, a fleece or something warm, ideally not too tight. Your third layer is a windbreaker and can be optional if you run warm: (it can be a combo of layer 2 and 3 as well in some jackets).
- Shoes and socks: nothing special here, wear shoes that you feel comfortable in and that allow your toes to spread
- Neck Warmer: A neck warmer like a Buff or light scarf will do the trick. Avoid anything cumbersome that might fall off. If your jacket zips up high you may not even need one
- Hat: Wear a thin hat or headband if you run cold
What if I am too slow for the group?
That’s such a great question. We understand if you’ve had an experience with a group where you got left behind. That truly sucks. At MBM, we take pride in leaving no on behind. This means that even if the group runs on average a bit faster than your pace, they will always circle back and come get you so you’re not left alone.
Can I Sign Up By Making 2 Payments?
I Have More Questions, Can I Speak With My Prospective Coach Before Signing Up?
We want to make sure this program is a good fit for you and for your coach.
Call Coach Elizabeth at 831-840-1589 Monday – Friday 8:00AM – 5:00PM (PST) and she’ll answer your questions.
I am already an MBM member, how can I sign up?
You have access to this program with your membership! Take advantage of it and attend both days or only once a week!
All you have to do is sign up in PTminder.